The second Sunday in May is our chance to honour and celebrate mothers everywhere. Why not spoil mum by throwing her a party or creating a special day, just for her. There are plenty of beautiful Whitsunday venues and ideas and here are just some of mine. But, this is not just for Mother’s Day. Why not incorporate some of these ideas for your bestie’s birthday or even your own.
If you can afford it, splurge on something big – for family only, or for all your friends. If you’re planning a bigger celebration, consider an outdoor venue or function centre or a large restaurant or a cruise-boat .
Start planning early, as many restaurants, cruise-boats, beauty spas , salons and boutique accommodation book out early. If you are having a party that extends beyond family, leave time to cater (or organise catering) [cough cough] through Peach & Pear or take yourselves to a beautiful High Tea and hire entertainment and equipment.
Ladies’ parties inspire many themes.
– An afternoon tea: host is at home, a historic house , or tea rooms – Dress – Garden Party
– A seafood buffet lunch cruise or a Ride to Paradise including lunch or book yourselves in for lunch at a beautiful seaside resort
– A ride in a vintage car to a picnic spot to Hydeway Bay or Cedar Creek Falls.
– A pampering day for you and the girls – Joanne for make-up, Luisa for hair finished off with a photography session with a local photographer.
Of course you could celebrate at home, but it’s a great chance to take it away from the house, so why not celebrate at:
– A favourite restaurant.
– Take your tribe to Whitehaven Beach and indulge in an alfresco picnic.
– A Gallery followed by drinks and snacks next door.
– A Resort but make sure you hire out their best and biggest room.
– A Crown Making Course with nibbles and drinks .
– A trip to Bowen Cinema followed by lunch at one of it’s great pubs.
If you do host an at-home party, make it a grand one, and transform the place with Tepees, chill out areas, gorgeous décor, in your favourite colours.
Food & Drink
It’s all about celebration so ensure that all your favourite foods and drinks are on hand.
Lunch or dinner at a restaurant appropriate to you and your friends’ tastes is a popular option or hire a styling company to create a lush table at home and spoil yourselves with a catered gourmet dinner . Have champagne on hand for toasts but also stock up on your favourite wines, cocktails and soft drinks. And perhaps a Grazing Table to follow.
Gifts (both for Mother’s or anyone in your Girl Tribe)
– Pampering gifts, luxury skincare , a spa or salon day.
– A weekend away.
– How about a Makeup Workshop?
– A cheese/wine pairing.
– Jewellery or clothing
– A cleaner for a year.
– A painting or artwork from Above and Below Photography or a painting class.
– A cooking course.
– Gucci Sunglasses from Bright Eyes.
But don’t forget, a trip to Paris or New York – always makes for a great girls’ trip away too.